It is no secret that handwashing is important for health and wellness. We often touch hundreds of things a day. Although a large population of people were raised to wash their hands regularly, reports have shown that a staggering amount of people skip this little ritual all together.
So, for the benefit of your health, here are the top three reasons why handwashing is important:
- Our hands become contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms, spreading diseases like specific strains of bacteria (Salmonella, Listeria and E. coli). The best defense against this would be Green Worx’s Hand Soap and Foam, which uses bio-enzymes to colonise the hands and prevent pathogenic bacteria, yeasts and moulds from multiplying and spreading.
- Dust and other material from your hands could cause infection to your eyes, nose and mouth when you touch your face. Dirt transferred to the face could also increase blemishes on your skin.
- Germs such as fungi and viruses that are inhaled from dirty hands, either through yawning or eating can cause respiratory tract infections and, at times, more serious health conditions.
To prevent these issues, make sure to wash your hands:
- Before and after you prepare or eat food
- Before and after you care for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
- At any time that your hands feel dirty and/or have visible dirt on theme
Sometimes, mother does know best.