Most modern-day mothers, fathers and caregivers certainly have their hands full. Balancing work and family life in a high performance socio-economic climate can be extremely overwhelming, but your household cleaning doesn’t have to be. Not only are there simple, cost effective solutions available, but these solutions also afford you and your family the peace of mind of knowing that you are in an environment that is safe and chemical free.
In truth, your entire home can be clean and green with just five products. Anything more than that is unnecessary waste! These five products are also cost effective; under R240 buys you enough to clean a house for a family of four for an entire month.
How is this possible?
These products use enzymes that are more effective than chemical-based cleaners. As a result, less of the product is needed for a deeper, healthier, clean, that is safer for you and your loved ones (including your pets). These products also cause no harm to the environment.
These are the top five products – they’re all you need.
- Biotech Bathroom Cleaner: This cleaner costs only R37.38*. It is designed as a bio-technical aid to clean, sanitise and deodorise bathrooms, keeping them fresh and hygienic. The specialised bio-enzymatic formula eliminates organic waste, reduces odours and effectively cleans soiled areas. The Bathroom cleaner can also be used to spray in the toilet when you’re “letting the yellow mellow”, to reduce the need to flush and save water.
- Odorite Grime Away All Purpose Cleaner: At just R30.48, this cleaner is a 100% natural citrus cleaner, and is suitable for all-purpose use, both indoors and outdoors. Indoors, it removes all soils from carpets and upholstery, as well as hard surfaces and floors. Outdoors, Odorite Grime Away All Purpose Cleaner can be used as a patio and garden furniture cleaner, braai cleaner, driveway oil spotter and general degreaser.
- Odorite Ultra All Surface Kitchen Cleaner: This costs R36.80 and eliminates kitchen grime with dual technology, combining superior green surfactant technology with enzymatic action. The enzymes work to break down fats and grease, while eliminating starches which act as a glue (biofilm), trapping dirt and other organics on the surfaces. Continued use removes layer upon layer of embedded grime, preventing future build-up of organic soils, keeping the hard surfaces, floor and tiles truly deep-cleaned, smelling fresh and free of potentially harmful organisms and contaminants. It is highly effective against dangerous bacteria often found in the kitchen which cause illness, like listeria.
- Odorite Ultra Dishwashing Liquid: At R35.65, this dishwashing liquid packs a powerful punch. Use half the liquid to clean more dishes, and it’s gentle on your hands too. It contains no phosphates, has less surfactants and is powered by revolutionary technology comprising three active enzymes that deliver clean dishes, while preventing fat, oil and grease build-up in the drain. The enzymes in the dishwasher are highly effective, needing less foam and quantity to get the job done.
- Odorite Ultra Laundry Powder: This detergent costs R92.58 for a two-kilogram tub – which is equivalent to a five-kilogram tub of conventional washing powder. The multi-enzyme detergent offers superior cleaning performance, even at low temperatures, and the slightly clammy granules ensure there’s no wastage, while preventing the user from breathing in any airborne particles. This is the only laundry detergent in South Africa that contains six enzymes, each offering maximum stain removal – washing comes out whiter and brighter, soils are eliminated, and both the fabric and the environment are cared for.
*Prices include VAT